INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SITE
Some personal data is collected through the site when you voluntarily choose to provide us with personal data.
The Contact Form – The information collected via the form simply allows us to reply to you/answer any questions, etc.
Leaving a Comment – If you leave a comment on the site, we ask for your name, email (which is not displayed on the site) and website (if you’ve got one). This information is used so other visitors will know who left the comment and to help us stop spammers.
SHARING AND USAGE ON COLLECTED INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
To learn more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to block and delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
THE COOKIES WE USE
Google Analytics – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
This data helps us to understand:
- Which pages people visit on the site
- Which internet browsers are being used
- What is popular on the site
- Which interactive tools are used by visitors
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
If you ‘Like’ or ‘Tweet’ using these services, third party websites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service (like Facebook or Twitter). We do not control these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these cookies.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
We are not responsible for the availability or content of external sites that may be linked to, from the site. If you find a broken link or if you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact us.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY INFORMATION
Data Protection Principles
DSResearchers promise that:
- All data we hold will be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- Data we collect and use will be adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary for the conduct of our business.
- All data will be accurate and kept up to date.
- We will only store data for as long as is necessary and required by law (currently 7 years from the closure of our file).
- All data will be held appropriately, securely and held with integrity and confidentially.
Accountability and Governance
We demonstrate compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) by:
- Establishing a governance structure with roles and responsibilities.
- Keeping a detailed record of all data processing operations.
- Documenting data protection policies and procedures.
- Implementing appropriate measures to secure personal data against unlawful processing and/or accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- Making staff aware of the need for protecting data and confidentiality.
Lawful Processing and Valid Consent
- We obtain direct consent from the individual.
- It is necessary to have a contract.
- We protect the vital interests of the individual.
- We adhere to the legal obligations of the company.
- We hold only data that is required for the legitimate interests of the organisation.
Privacy Rights of the Individual
- All clients have the right to access the data we hold about them through a subject access request.
- Clients have the right to correct and accurate personal data.
- Rights in certain cases to have personal data erased.
- Right to move personal data from one service provider to another within the scope of the contract.
- We will not disclose or transfer personal data to any third party unless necessary for the performance of the company’s role in connection with its day to day business.
Transparency and Privacy Notices
- We are clear and transparent about how personal data is going to be processed and by whom.
We are registered at the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) under registration reference Z2368349.